PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Windx Memory access violation?  (Read 236 times)

Cedric

• View Profile
Windx Memory access violation?
« on: November 30, 2020, 02:42:25 PM »
Am I the only one having problems with "memory access violation" randomly on the client side (windx) while loading a screen since updated to V16.  It's not necessarily the same screen loading... could be any screen.  Some day, users don't experience the issues at all,  but other days it could happen 5-6 times a day.  Not all client has the issues, but I'd say probably 50 out of 90 clients has reported the problem.

Somebody understands the log attached? (from windx)

Mike King

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Windx Memory access violation?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 03:50:27 PM »
There was an issue on early versions of v16 caused by using ESC as a field separator in a list box.  With the ability to add pictures, bar graphs colors and other mnemonics  in the List box a ESCAPE character (the first character of any mnemonic) was incorrectly handled in some releases of V16.

To the best of our knowledge this was addressed and fixed in 16.20 however long term as a general principal you should avoid using ESC as a column/row separator character in a list box.

Cedric

• View Profile
Re: Windx Memory access violation?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 05:07:04 PM »
I'm using V16.20 on server side... The error is random... Normally, users call me just after the fact, so I rarely see it from my eyes!  I've experienced it once last week and it was while loading the main page. That screen is basically just buttons, menus, text and frames.  The buttons all have an icon (some are pvx native icons, but some are images (ICO, GIF, BMP, PNG or JPG) stored on the client PC).