Preserve Trailing Space on Grid Value

Started by Jerry Fletcher, Today at 01:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Fletcher

Hello List,

I hope this is an easy one.

I have always worked around this in the past but I really want to know if there is a way to do this.
If I set a grid value = "WIDGET   "
When i read it back in using the iolist I seem to lose the trailing spaces.
Is there a way to preserve this? I have strip trailing spaces unchecked on Grid.

thanks

Jerry

Devon Austen

How are you reading it into a iolost?

READ DATA FROM g'RowData$ TO IOL=g'LoadIOList$

if so then the spaces are stripped because the grid iolist will be something like field1:CHR(sep)...

This means it is delimited and trailing spaces will be stripped.

If you look at g'RowData$ directly you will see the spaces are there it is converting them to the iolist where they are lost.

The best solution depends on what you want to do and your existing code but 'rowdata$ and 'value$ will both have the spaces.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.