PxPlus User Forum

Main Board => Discussions => Programming => Topic started by: martinp on October 01, 2026, 07:21:34 PM

Title: Claude and pvxplus
Post by: martinp on October 01, 2026, 07:21:34 PM
I started using claude for programming and I am blown away... Seriously I think we may never code again LOL.

I am surprised how well Claude is getting to write pvxplus stuff and when it's confused I cut/paste some documentation and boom it cleans it up. 

Not sure if you have considered using it but it's fantastic, even if just for planning projects. 

Can feed claude a bunch of data dictionary structures, to train your session.

I even gave it some 30 year old legacy code to clean up and it helped do that..

It's unbelievable with excel/csv/pdf's... I now started having it make python routines that can be run on the local server then integrated with pvxplus.

I havent tried it to make nomads panels dont think it can maybe if it reverse engineered the structures of some existing panels..

Just now I was finishing a project outline, after completing the data dictionaries (it made the tables based on our outlines) it asked me, so do you want me to work on the import program next?  I said yes, and within seconds I had a working program...

Anyway just wanted to show and tell, LOL
Title: Re: Claude and pvxplus
Post by: John Spencer on October 03, 2026, 11:38:09 AM
I too have used an AI tool - CHatGPT at the moment - with PxPlus development. It really is quite amazing. I fed it code from a 40 year old BB system and it returned a full list of DFD's in no time...