PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: schedule a providex program  (Read 828 times)

Sonia Cruz

• View Profile
schedule a providex program
« on: June 09, 2021, 01:04:20 PM »
Hello all!
I need to  setup an auto run in the  Windows Server schedule using pvxwin32.exe for an old app but when run, the executable stop waiting for press the OK button  in the windows for confirm the providex owner license.  The question is (simple for you),  Is there a way to omit this windows so the process will not be interrupt and complete the requested program invoked automatically? 
See bellow a sample command I have in a .bat file.   Please, let me know what I am doing wrong and/or missing.

S:/PVX_TX/PVX/PVXWIN32.EXE -hd S:/PVX_TX/PVX/PROGRAM/Spy_auto_corp_list_next_month.pvc

Any suggestion will be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!!!
Regards,
Sonia Cruz

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: schedule a providex program
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 11:32:11 AM »
Assuming you are using a properly registered license there should not be any prompting for an OK by PxPlus / ProvideX.  The EXE initialization only prompts for an OK to confirm an issue with the license such as running on a temporary key used for software installation which has an expiry date that you need to confirm.

I myself have the Windows Task Scheduler run a couple of PxPlus programs every night with no problem.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com