PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: cmd_str$="End" not working in object nomads issue  (Read 959 times)

Peter.Higgins

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
cmd_str$="End" not working in object nomads issue
« on: December 18, 2020, 01:26:13 PM »
Occasionally I see this issue and cannot remember how it was solved. 

Issue:

On a new object nomads Dialogue panel copied from a template panel and modified, the Cmd_Str$="End" will run the ON_EXIT and ON_DELETE logic, but the panel hangs there active.  Using a tested program structure template so both procedures have return values of 1.  Using Developer package windx to connect to a Centos system.   Using a bunch of objects but moving them around between on_delete and on_exit makes no difference.  Putting an extra Cmd_Str$="End" in the on_exit does nothing either. 

I think the solution last time was to delete the nomads entry and re-create the panel.   
This panel is very large and complex to reenter manually.

Any ideas why this is happening?
After exporting and reimporting and still no joy, I realized the template had lost the local return flags so ON_EXIT and ON_DELETE were returning 0.   :-[
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 02:32:13 PM by Peter.Higgins »

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: cmd_str$="End" not working in object nomads issue
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 09:39:46 AM »
The method for Nomads Objects that is called when the user or application request closure of the panel is OnExit() (not On_Exit as posted in your message).

This method can return 0 if the close is not to occur or 1 if you want the closure to happen.

For more details see OnExit() at:
https://manual.pvxplus.com/page/NOMADS%20Graphical%20Application/Appendix/OOP%20Interface/NOMADS%20Object.htm
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:47:37 AM by Mike King »
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com