PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Anyone using webhooks?  (Read 612 times)

Loren Doornek

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Anyone using webhooks?
« on: October 21, 2022, 02:50:29 PM »
With so many web services using webhooks now, it's getting harder to work with some services without being able to receive the webhooks.  Our PXPlus application servers are behind firewalls, and we don't really want to open up ports to receive the webhooks, or manage an entire Apache server outside the firewall instance just to receive the webhook files.  We don't need to send webhooks - we just need to receive and store them.  I thought about writing a simple receiver (based on the nthost processor) or using EZWeb, but either option probably wouldn't handle the volume of some web API's, and we'd still need to open up ports in the firewall.  I started looking into other services to handle this, and have found several apps that will just act as a webhook receiver (for example, Hookdeck).

Anyone out there have any experience/ideas/suggestions for receiving webhooks?  I'd appreciate any info you can share before I'm forced to re-invent the wheel!

ChrisKCAi

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using webhooks?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 09:50:59 AM »
Loren,

Curious if you got anywhere with this as we are looking to possibly leverage Webhooks also.

Loren Doornek

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using webhooks?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 09:57:28 AM »
No, we haven't done anything with this yet.  It's simple enough to write a webhook receiver in PXP, but managing the firewall is generally outside of our purview for most of our clients, so it becomes more of a hassle than it is worth.  We do have more clients wanting to use webhooks, though, so I might just need to sit down and create a receiver one of these days.