PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Data Dictionary conversion from old Providex version to Pxplus 15.10  (Read 1143 times)

bmohrhardt

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Hello Forum :

We have some really elderly providex.dde and providex.ddf files, containing a lot
of our Data Defnitions. When I move these files to the backup server that I am testing
Pxplus V. 1510 on, and attempt to go to Dictionary Maintenance, it comes up with an
error, no doubt due to the fact that the format of the .dde & .ddf files has changed.

Is there a utility or a command that will bring the many records up to the new
format? I have all of my old Mailing List emails on another machine, and I am sure that
the answer is in there!

Thanks,
            Bill.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: Data Dictionary conversion from old Providex version to Pxplus 15.10
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 01:43:21 PM »
Bill,

The Data Dictionary utilities generally will auto-detect any old versions and adapt to them.  About the only issue the system cannot deal with are externally set global variables which may be defined in the application startup and if used in the Data Dictionary settings would need to be properly initialized.  For example, file pathnames containing %C$ will not resolve correctly if %C$ is not set.

We would suggest that you forward information regarding the type of errors you are getting to our support department along with your software versions (old and new) and serial number so they can assist in determining the nature of your issues.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com