PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: ODBC window to small to display all PxPlus data  (Read 1576 times)

612brion

• View Profile
ODBC window to small to display all PxPlus data
« on: October 05, 2021, 06:33:01 PM »
When adding PxPlus to ODBC, the window is to small to show all fields and buttons, and I can find no way to get them to fit.  this makes it impossible to fill in all fields.  Adding any other type and the window is fine.

This is on Win10 21h1.  We are using V6 64 Bit  PxPlus, but get the same issue on 32 bit and after upgrading to v7.

Thanks for any advice!

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: ODBC window to small to display all PxPlus data
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 08:19:23 AM »
I don't see that issue here using the same version of Windows. This is the first time this has been reported so it may be caused by a setting on your system, likely a scale or text size setting.

First we can check the display settings specifically your scale and layout setting. It may bet you have it set to a large value like 175% and that is causing the text not to fit.

To test this right click on your desktop background and select "Display settings" and then scroll down to the scale and layout setting and check to see if this is set to a higher value. If it is you can try setting it to 100% and then do your odbc setup and then you can set it back to what you want once done.

If it is not the scale and layout setting it also could be the Make text bigger setting. This can be found by opening the settings app and going to Ease of access and the setting should be at the top. If the slider is somewhat to the right that makes text bigger which can have the effect you are seeing. Like above you can set this all the way to the left and try setting up odbc and then set it back.

If the scaling or text size is the issue we can look at adjusting that screen to work better even if a large scale or text size setting is used.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

612brion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 10:58:08 AM »
Thanks Devon!
I have tried both of those things, but the windows does not change any with these settings.  This is a new Dell out of box, so I am going to call Dell support next, but since it only seemed to affect the PxPlus, I thought this was a better starting point.  If Dell has nothing for me, I'm looking at a factory reset.  Any other suggestions are most welcome, but I am thinking I am going to have to bite the bullet on this one and the the factory reset.

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 03:14:02 PM »
Does this happen for all tabs in the PxPlus ODBC DSN setup?

Is the text this large for other applications on your system or does the text here look larger? To me the text looks too large and it looks much smaller on my system. My settings are 100% scaling with the text size slider all the way to the left. My screen resolution is 1920x1080.

The dialog uses the Microsoft San Serif font at a size of 8. Is it possible your system has that font replaced with a larger version of the font?

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 12:05:49 PM »
You can try this to see if it fixes the issue.

Install the 64-bit v7 SQL ODBC driver and then download the this file http://www.pvxplus.com/downloads/misc/DSNSetupFontFix.zip and extract the pxpsqlodbc.dll file into the install directory.

This patched file may fix the font issue for you. If it does let us know and we can release the fix as a patch

612brion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 01:04:52 PM »
The font is larger than any other ODBC font.  Al my other settings and resolution see to match yours.
Is there a download for the V7 SQL driver? 

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 01:11:18 PM »

612brion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 01:18:40 PM »
Great Job!!!  That fixed it!  Thank you so much!