PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Strange display when using *browser with WindX client  (Read 2190 times)

Jeff Wilder

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Strange display when using *browser with WindX client
« on: November 28, 2018, 02:33:57 PM »
Hello,
I have designed a nomads panel containing a *Browser object. The object works exactly as expected when used in a local PxPlus process. However, when I connect to the same system via *CS/host using WindX, the same panel appears to lose its font setting. The text is extremely small. Even the text in the right-click popup menu is small. I am using PxPlus 2017. Can anyone point me to the cause of the problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,
Jeff

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Strange display when using *browser with WindX client
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 03:56:36 PM »
This is only a guess but is the version of the WindX host and WindX client the same?
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 04:25:00 PM »
Another possibility is that the PxPlus install or WindX plugin install was not done cleanly in a new directory but over an old version. This can cause issues like the one you are seeing.

Make sure that you always do a clean install in a new directory.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

Jeff Wilder

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »
Another possibility is that the PxPlus install or WindX plugin install was not done cleanly in a new directory but over an old version. This can cause issues like the one you are seeing.

Thank you Devon. You are correct. The install was corrupted with a missing locales folder. Restoring that folder from a fresh install appeared to do the trick.