Main Board > Thin Client/WindX

Server to Windx failure

<< < (3/3)

michaelgreer:
Mike,

I think we got off a little bit.  I am trying to read data from a linux file and write it to a local file.  I open the linux source; I create and open the windows target. I read the linux file with a block.  When I issue the write to the local windows file, it PxPlus dies.  The customer provided this grid:
                         IP               OS                       PVX VERSION   
LIVE SERVER   192.168.101.6       Red Hat Enterprise 5.7   514(32 bit)   
TEST SERVER   192.168.101.66       Centos 7                   771(64 bit)   
TEST CLIENT   192.168.101.161    Windows 10 Home           771(64 bit)   

What is odd is that if the  test client is pointed over to the Centos Server the failure does not occur.

Mike King:
Okay if I follow what you are saying ...

* Running on the Red Hat 5.7 server using ProvideX 5.14 dies when you issue the WRITE RECORD to the WindX file.
* Running on the Centos 7 server using ProvideX 7.71 works when you issue the WRITE RECORD to the WindX file.(You cannot be running PxPlus anywhere given the versions you are quoting)

If the above is correct the issue is likely an incompatibility between ProvideX 5.14 and whatever WindX you are using which would not be surprising given the age of ProvideX 5.14.

You might be able to use an older WindX when connecting to version 5.14 ProvideX, but frankly I would suggest you upgrade the systems to software made at least within the past decade. 

Version 5.14 came out in 2004 and 7.71 in 2008.  Neither of these were ever designed to run on Centos 7 (circa 2014) or Windows 10 (circa 2015) so problems are to be expected.

michaelgreer:
A final note here. I have no idea why this works, but if I adjust the block size down to 256 bytes when I am transferring from Linux to windows it all works.  I had cut down to 1024, and then 512. Both of those failed, so I stopped.  Go figure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version