Main Board > Thin Client/WindX

Server to Windx failure

(1/3) > >>

michaelgreer:
I'm almost embarassed to post this as we are talking pvx 7.7, but here goes.  I customer is replacing their Redhat 5.7 server with a new Centos 7 server.  PVX seems to run fine, but any time it tries to do certain things via Windx, the session drops. So, this program will cause the issue on the write record:

0010 open (hfn,isz=-1)"/tmp/4586-1.out"; let IN=lfo
0015 let THIS_FILE$="[wdx]c:\infor\jmg.pdf"
0020 execute "[wdx]serial "+$22$+THIS_FILE$(6)+$22$
0025 open lock (hfn,isz=-1)THIS_FILE$; let OUT=lfo
0030 read record (IN,siz=512)XX$
0035 write record (OUT)XX$

If I change the IP address that the Windx client is using to be the old server, everything works.  Any insight here would be appreciated.

Thanks!  Michael

Mike King:
You have doubled the [wdx] references.

You are passing the SERIAL command to windx due the [wdx] prefix on the EXECUTE string, and there the file name is [wdx]c:\in... which would be wrong since the command is already executing on the WindX workstation.

And yes, you should be embarrassed for still running that old a version ;)

michaelgreer:
Mike,  I *think* you missed the substring on the "this_File$" in the execute command.

Mike King:
Ah -- you are correct.

Now as for your issue we would need to know which instruction is failing.
Also, I assume you are using the WindX that matched the version of ProvideX you are using.  Older ProvideX may have issues with PxPlus WindX as there were additional features such as security to consider.

michaelgreer:
I verified that the Windx version matches the version of Providex.  The instruction that fails is he write record. When I step through that command providex drops.  I am trying to re-connect with the customer and see if an error branch will trap an error (I doubt it, but I'm going to try).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version