PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Sort On Header Click - ** DISREGARD **  (Read 1140 times)

Jeffrey Ferreira

• Diamond Member
  • I must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque.
    • View Profile
Sort On Header Click - ** DISREGARD **
« on: August 22, 2019, 01:24:01 PM »
Hello List,
So i have a grid that takes a long time to load.
After it loads we apply filters. So I thinking I was smart instead of loading again I said i'll manipulate row height to hide filtered rows
everything works fine until they click on a Grid Header and my rows height seem to all go back to default....

Is there a way to either
a.) preserve my row heights
b.) Detect a Sort on Header Click.

i see what is happening
the hidden rows are now being sorted into the positions where the row height is visible and vice versa.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 02:05:39 PM by Jeffrey Ferreira »

felis.domestica

Re: Sort On Header Click - ** DISREGARD **
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 09:53:09 AM »
Hello Jeffrey,

I was wondering if you found a way to distinguish a grid's column header click (although you solved your problem)?

One way to do this might be to check the grid.row value, but then you would need an event (<grid>.row = -1 if a column was clicked). If a user clicks the column header i did not find an event (in PxPlus), the column is just sorted. In ProvideX (old version) the column click triggered an change event, which made it possible to programmatically influence column sorting.

Kind regards,

felis.domestica

Re: Sort On Header Click - ** DISREGARD **
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 10:53:38 AM »
B.T.W. i found this solution https://forum1.pvxplus.com/index.php?topic=148.msg388#msg388,
leaving GRID.CTL'SortOnHdrClick=0 will give you a change event on header clicks.

Hope i didn't spam your (already resolved) list item ...  :-[
cheers