Main Board > Programming

File maintenance panel creation for flat files,

(1/3) > >>

Prajin P K:
Hi,

I have created a data dictionary, the physical files are placed in different folder based on company code. so i am using global variables in physical file path string for file access. how can i create file maintenance panel on nomads for such files.

Mike King:
Not certain what you mean by 'Flat' files -- are you referring to Serial/text files?  If so the file maintenance system is designed to work with keyed files and not serial files.

If you do mean keyed files, then you should be able to set the global variable before running the file maintenance generator.  Once the pane/program is generated it will use whatever is in your global variables.

Prajin P K:

Hi Mike King,
    Thank you for the information. I meant data files in data dictionary here. I need one more solution from you that; its getting getting error as "File has no key defined in the data dictionary", when try to create file maintenance panel for the files in data dictionary. please help me

Jane Raymond:
File definitions in the data dictionary consist of field definitions and key definitions. It looks like you have not defined any key(s) for your file. If you load the file definition in Data Dictionary Maintenance, there is a Define Keys button on the toolbar that will allow you to specify the key(s) by which you can read the file. When you have finished defining keys, be sure to click the Update File button to add the new info into the file.

Prajin P K:

Hi Jane,
In existing application, we have defined key as given below.

XNUM=0 XA_ID+XB_NUMBER+XC_DATE+XD_TIME

When we try to define the key using nomads, we are not able to define in the above format. Not sure, how to define in existing format.. Please help..

Thank you,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version