Track Single- and Double-Click in Report View

Started by James Zukowski, November 06, 2023, 10:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Zukowski

Is it possible to get both a single and double click in a Report View listbox? I've been able to get the single by setting Signal All Changes, but when I do that, I can't double-click; it always responds as if it's a single click. When I don't set it, I can get the double but not the single.
Any ideas?
James Zukowski
Sr. Developer - J&E

BRAND>SAFWAY
Brand Industrial Services

PxPlus

I just created a Nomads panel with a Report view list that had Signal all changes and an OnClick event of SETTRACE PRINT "Click == _EOM$="+HTA(_EOM$).

It showed I first get $01$ then $02$ when I double click any item is the list.  The $01$ is the first click, $02$ for the second.

I used settrace print to make sure I didn't do anything that would move focus off the control between clicks, sure as displaying a Message Box.

James Zukowski

It's good to know the double-click is getting through. Unfortunately, it's after the single-click has been processed. Would I then have to test for the double-click in my single-click logic? Or is there something else that could be done?
James Zukowski
Sr. Developer - J&E

BRAND>SAFWAY

PxPlus

You would need to test for _EOM$ = $02$ in your 'change/Click' logic.

Actually I generally test for $02$ or $0D$ which is double click or ENTER thus allowing clients which don't want to use a mouse or how have trouble clicking twice rapidly to use the keyboard and just press enter.

James Zukowski

I'm already dealing with multiple options. What seems to get it through, though, is including No_Flush=1 when I'm dealing with a single click and returning to the same listbox for further action. Together with your test showing the double-click follows the single-click in the input stream, this looks like it makes everything work the way we want.

Thanks for the tips.
James Zukowski
Sr. Developer - J&E

BRAND>SAFWAY