PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Dependency problem  (Read 547 times)

James Zukowski

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
Dependency problem
« on: October 24, 2022, 05:06:24 PM »
I've got a simple panel with 8 fields (or 12 if you consider the 5-option radio buttons). I've attached Dependencies to enable or disable a checkbox based on the value in another field (see first attachment). There are only 2 dependencies: either Rpt_Length=8 (normal) or not (inverted). If I use the Invert/Normal sequence, the field is always enabled. If I switch their positions, the logic is inverted from what I want (disabled instead of enabled when length=8, and vice versa).

When I break into the running program and look at a dump, the Dependency list shows 3 entries (see second attachment). I don't know why it's doing that. If I delete all the Dependencies, the runtime list is empty. But adding the two entries back creates three entries in the runtime list.

Is there something I'm missing? All of the other dependencies I've used elsewhere seem to work fine.

Running WindX with PxPlus v15.10 on RHEL 7.9

Thanks, all!
James Zukowski
Sr. Developer - J&E

BRAND>SAFWAY
Brand Industrial Services

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Dependency problem
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 08:18:31 AM »
You have defined 2 dependencies.

You first dependency will disable the control if the condition is TRUE. Since you selected invert it will also enable the control when the condition is FALSE.

The second dependency will enable the control if it is TRUE.  Undoing the result of the first dependency.

With these rules you will never have the control disabled. If the first rule disables the second rule will enable it.

The easier fix is to remove the second dependency you have defined. You just need the one with the invert checkbox checked. With invert it will handle both  the disable and enable.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

James Zukowski

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dependency problem
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 08:48:03 AM »
Thanks, Devon. I didn't get that clarity from reading the documentation. I'll rearrange things and see how it all works.
James Zukowski
Sr. Developer - J&E

BRAND>SAFWAY
Brand Industrial Services