PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Short read error  (Read 1265 times)

chrisk

• View Profile
Short read error
« on: February 12, 2019, 01:08:30 PM »
Hello,

I am working with *web/request to interface with an https server.  Most of the time everything works great.  However, on occasion it throws an error 0 reading the server response.  At that time, the value of msg(-1) is this:

Short read of 1536 bytes from address 553615872 (fh: 15 seg: 116 page: 553645568 64seek: 000000368cde2a00) wanted type 128 Max 2014982656 (err/ret=2/2)

I would like to find out what is causing the request failures and can see that specific message comes from PxPlus.  What does it mean?  Is it related to the request failures?

Thanks,

Chris Kukuchka
Sequoia Group, Inc.

Chris Kukuchka
Sequoia Group, Inc.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: Short read error
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 02:12:27 PM »
(I assume you mean *plus/web/request)

This error is likely inside the SSL libraries or wininet (which we use in more current versions of PxPlus).

Fundamentally it looks like the connection failed somehow during the data exchange.

Now since you mentioned the error 0 -- the issue may simply be the internal timeout in *web/request is too short and the server is taking too long to respond.  There is a ten second max timer inside *plus/web/request which generally is enough time for any sites to respond.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com