PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Signature capture  (Read 1452 times)

joe

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Signature capture
« on: July 21, 2021, 11:43:08 AM »
I have installed the latest version of providex. Version 18 I believe. I am trying to use the signature capture control in nomads trying to follow the documentation. Here are some issue I have encountered
1) the Signature box appears but the the 4 buttons do not.
2) I can draw in the box but the stylus does not work.
3) not sure how to grab and store the image for use latter.

As Monty Python once said any help would be helpful.

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Signature capture
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 12:08:42 PM »
In the documentation the 4 buttons have been added to the panel manually. The example in the documentation describes the logic added to the buttons.

Not to sure what you mean by stylus not working.

The logic for the capture button is how you would save the signature as a image for later use.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

joe

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 12:43:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I guess a read the documentation wrong. It sounded like it automatically adds the buttons. I will try again.
I am trying this on a MS surface. It has a stylus to allow the user to write on the screen

joe

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 04:59:49 PM »
The documentation states

The Capture button retrieves the signature as a png image and saves it to a file. The OnChange logic looks like this:

sigcap.ctl'saveImageFile("sigtest.png")

Does this reffer to the button control? I could not find ONCHANGE. Should it be when button pressed? What should I select from the drop down, perform, execute? Not sure.

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 08:23:31 AM »
Yes that logic should be on the "When Button Pressed" logic and you should select "Execute" as when the button is pressed you want to just run that code you specify in the input field.

For details about what the different options in the logic drop down menu do see here: https://manual.pvxplus.com/?NOMADS%20Graphical%20Application/Program%20Interaction/Events%20Logic/Actions%20and%20Parameters.htm
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

joe

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »
Thanks for hanging in there with me. I got the signature capture box and capture button working with your help. I think I can add the other buttons also.

The only other issue I have now is the stylus does not mark/draw in the signature box. I can draw with the mouse in the box, but that is not ideal. I tested the stylus using MS paint and it is functioning well. The stylus also appears to be somewhat acknowledged in the box. When I approach the screen with it a target dot appears.

joe

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 05:58:16 PM »
The only other issue I have now is the stylus does not mark/draw in the signature box. I can draw with the mouse in the box, but that is not ideal. I tested the stylus using MS paint and it is functioning well. The stylus also appears to be somewhat acknowledged in the box. When I approach the screen with it a target dot appears.