PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Hotlink Logic  (Read 1773 times)

bbssupport

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Hotlink Logic
« on: October 03, 2019, 08:56:42 PM »
Hi All,

In v16.1. I've defined a column in a report view list box as a hotlink in the Format screen in Nomads. The column appears as a hotlink in the panel now, but I cannot work out how to assign logic to process the user clicking on the hotlink, nor can I see any variables changing that I could interrogate in my PROCESS logic even with the list box is set to automatic.

I'm loading the contents on the list box in my own logic, ie I do not use smart loading from a query.

Can someone please help?!?! This looks like an amazing feature that we would love to start implementing throughout our system.

Chris

Jane Raymond

• Staff
  • Diamond Member
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Hotlink Logic
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 09:17:26 AM »
In your OnChange logic for the listbox, you can check the 'ColumnClicked property of the listbox to check if the column that was clicked is the one with the hyperlink. If so, you can parse out the column value from the current listbox value, and do your processing.
Jane Raymond
Software Developer
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd.

James Zukowski

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »
According to the documentation, the 'ColumnClicked property is only available on a ListView listbox. If it's available for other listboxes as well, it would help to have the documentation updated. (Any other properties for any of the controls would be good to have, too.)
James Zukowski
Sr. Developer - J&E

BRAND>SAFWAY
Brand Industrial Services

Jane Raymond

• Staff
  • Diamond Member
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 02:26:14 PM »
James,
Documentation up to this point has lumped listviews and reportviews together.
I do know, however, that the upcoming PxPlus 2020 documentation for the various types of listboxes and their properties has been reorganized for enhanced usability, separating listboxes, listviews, reportviews and treeviews.
Jane Raymond
Software Developer
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd.

bbssupport

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 04:36:34 PM »
Hi Jane,

thanks for the info. I promise I did scour the documentation before posting.

As per James' request regarding updating the docs, it would be a great help to others i'm sure if it made mention of 'hotlink' somewhere in the columnclicked property so that it can be located in a search.

Chris