Main Board > Thin Client/WindX

Server to Windx failure

<< < (2/3) > >>

michaelgreer:
I added the error branch on the write record.  Providex still dropped out on the write record. So, to be clear, I can create the serial file on the Windx Client machine; I can open the file. As soon as I try a write record of any size (I did create a file and do a write record of the word "test" with no issue) providex exits.

James Zukowski:
Just to confirm: After the drop, there's an empty file on the user's PC, correct?

Mike King:
We have no way to assist as that software is from 2008 and no longer supported (Its over 15 years old).

I would probably try a different local file pathname (perhaps c:\infor is read only). If they are running anti-virus software you might try disabling that in case it kills any program that it doesn't recognize that attempts to write to the PC disc.

michaelgreer:
James, Yes, empty file.  Mike, I will check on the AV issue; if I can create the file (which I can) doesn't that prove that the directory is writeable?

Mike King:
Michael

Yes -- I would expect Windows to complain if the directory was not writable when creating a file.

One thing you might try is when connected via WindX try entering the following at PxPlus command line:

cp ** [lcl]c:\somedir\somefile

The CP command does basically what you are trying to do -- so the above will copy the system utility ** to the local c:\somedir\somefile.  Do this without an error_handler active so any error should be reported locally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version