PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: FM generator issues  (Read 901 times)

Stéphane Devouard

• Diamond Member
  • PxPlus guru with skills in PHP, JS, C#, Java
    • View Profile
    • Stéphane's Web Resume
FM generator issues
« on: August 01, 2021, 11:42:40 AM »
Here are a couple of issues I found while using the FM generation wizard :

1) Inserting a dot in the FM panel name
If I name the panel with a dot (e.g. company.fm), I cannot re-open the FM wizard after the first generation of the panel. From the Nomads selector I get a message telling me to delete and regenerate the panel. From *it, I can open the library then edit the generated panel.
If I name the panel with an underscore (e.g. company_fm) then everything works as expected.
Looking at the Nomads code, this is due to the way the folder tabs are generated.
So I would simply suggest to add a check on the presence of a dot (.) in the name when creating a new FM object

2) Defining a primary key segment with a format specifier

If one of the primary key segments in the data dictionary is defined as "Last Substring" (for example), then I cannot complete the FM wizard
I am getting a message saying that some of the required fields are missing on the screen layout.
This is because the :[...] format specifier adds an extra comma to the IOLIST and screws up the test @ 1446 in fm_wizard

Regards
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:44:11 AM by Stéphane Devouard »
Stéphane Devouard
Portfolio | Work

Susan Cryderman

• Staff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies Ltd.
Re: FM generator issues
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 09:10:24 AM »
Hi Stéphane,

Thanks for letting us know about these issues.  We will look into solutions for the next update.