PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Cannot remember how folders work in Object Nomads.  (Read 1710 times)

Peter.Higgins

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
Cannot remember how folders work in Object Nomads.
« on: July 24, 2019, 09:15:52 AM »
Hi list,

Tried adding a two panel folder to an object nomads panel yesterday and could not get the second panel to load the data (iol variables in fields) unless it was visible when when the record was pulled up.  Illogically, in that case, the first panel had its data as well, and both panels kept their data while flipping back and forth and navigating other records then returning. 

Really seems like the second panel clears the record variables on it when first shown,  but first panel does not, even when displayed second. 

After sleeping on it I am still mystified.  What am I doing wrong? Is it necessary to make the last panel the current panel prior to reading a record and switch back?  Fldr'DisableFldr() until after the read?

Background:
V17.  Not using  RefreshScrn( ) as it does not work for the main panel.   
Key and navigation Btns use same logic from record read which is by record.
Record data is moved to screen variables, which is iol list.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: Cannot remember how folders work in Object Nomads.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 01:39:08 PM »
Can you please confirm the release you are using.  The current release is Version 16 (PxPlus 2019).  When you indicated V17; did you mean PxPlus 2017?
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com

Peter.Higgins

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 12:14:01 PM »
Mike,
Version is 1400-664.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 04:34:20 PM »
Peter

Not 100% certain I follow what you are describing but generally you need to have the system refresh the screen to update the controls with the data with the values held in the variables.
Another possibility is you may have initial values set in the folder which override the data read in the first folder.

You might want to see if when the second folder is displayed if the variables still have their values.  Try putting a dummy button with a Msgbox to see the values in the 2nd folder.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com

Peter.Higgins

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 09:01:01 AM »
Thanks Mike,
Suspecting a refresh issue, I had traced the logic in debug mode from the read to the folder display. After the read, the variables for the second folder were populated, and after clicking the tab to display for the first time, they were not.   To keep the project moving I saved off the folder panels and made one screen so there is no going back for a quick test now. 
The system parameters do have Thoroughbred compatibility set.
Could all be from the need of a server reboot too since I am seeing the occasional quirks. 
Yesterday and today for instance, an inherited class on this panel started running the panel keyinit rather than its own method and wiping out the key value.  This code was tested a couple days after starting this thread and has just worked since.   To correct, I needed to go back and add "from 'This class'" to all the inherited base class method instances.  A first for me.