PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Folder Control  (Read 1697 times)

Prajin P K

• Silver Member
  • Beginner in PvxPlus
    • View Profile
Folder Control
« on: October 25, 2018, 09:20:14 AM »

Hi Team,
        I would like to bind data in the list box, when the user clicks folder control tab. I couldn't find solution for this. Please suggest.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:36:57 AM by Prajin P K »
Prajin P K
Software Engineer,
World Source Infotech,
Bangalore, India.

James Zukowski

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
Re: Folder Control
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 09:45:40 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but have you looked into the Preserve Controls option on the Folder Tabs Definitions page?
https://manual.pvxplus.com/PXPLUS/NOMADS%20Graphical%20Application/Creating%20Panel%20Controls/Folder%20Controls/Folder%20Properties.htm
James Zukowski
Sr. Developer - J&E

BRAND>SAFWAY
Brand Industrial Services

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: Folder Control
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
List boxes can be defined as "Smart" which means their contents will be loaded directly based on a query definition.  What you do is first create a Nomads query that defines the data you want loaded, then define this query as a Smart Load for the list box.  If desired you can specify triggers as to when the query is to run and/or be refreshed along with data to pass to the query so the contents can be filtered.

We did something like this in the "Bells and Whistles" portion (Part 5) of our Live in 30 video presentation on this forum.  While this was actually targeted for iNomads, the exact same logic works in plain Nomads as well.
(The Nomads screens in the video are from a prior release but the setup/functionality is the same on newer versions)

I am not certain what you asking about when you mention Folders, perhaps you can clarify.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com