PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Calendar Objects in iNomads  (Read 968 times)

PMM_CAI

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Calendar Objects in iNomads
« on: March 07, 2022, 05:11:23 PM »
Hello. I've tried to get input from PvxPlus about this for the past six months via the support ticket queue, so now I'm trying the Forum.

I created a very simple panel/multiline with a Calendar object, barebones because I'm trying to just get it to work. See attached.

The specific Calendar object's definition is in the other screenshot attachment.

When I test it in regular Nomads by selecting a date from the popup calendar, it returns a date.
When I test it in iNomads by clicking on a date in the calendar, it returns nothing.
If I use my arrow keys to navigate to a new date and hit Enter, it kicks me out.

Has anyone had any luck with the calendar objects in iNomads?

Postscript added later: We've tried this in v. 2020 (17.10) and 2021 (18.20).

Thanks in advance.

Paula McKeever
CAI Software LLC
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 02:22:47 PM by PMM_CAI »

EVa

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • EDIAS
Re: Calendar Objects in iNomads
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 04:47:17 AM »
I think the trick is to create a 'Calendar Control Definition' that doesn't use any separation characters, like 'YYYYMMDD' or 'MMDDYYYY' (instead of 'YYYY/MM/DD' and 'MM/DD/YYYY').

In the multiline that receives the date, you want to use an 'Input Mask' with separation characters (0000/00/00 or 00/00/0000 in my examples).

And the 'Initial Value' should be a true date, for example Expression DTE(0:"%Yl%Mz%Dz") or Expression DTE(0:"%Mz%Dz%Yl") - again without any separation characters. 

I've attached an example. Import 'calendar.txt' in a Nomads library.  Create the Calendar Control Definitions (all three) like shown in the pictures (same names and properties).

Should work in v15 up to v18.