PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Windx to access mas90 like program on centos over SSH  (Read 2052 times)

bokum32301

• View Profile
Windx to access mas90 like program on centos over SSH
« on: November 28, 2019, 03:19:01 PM »
Hi,

We are running an accounting system similar to the old mas90 character program.  I need to be able to access the sessions over tcp/ip via ssh in windows using ansi or xterm as the terminal.

I can’t figure out how to set the terminal values so the display and keyboard is correct.

Thanks.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: Windx to access mas90 like program on centos over SSH
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 11:14:49 AM »
Are you wanting to use WindX or another terminal emulator?

For WindX we generally suggest setting TERM to "winterm" -- however native Linux applications will generally need this set to "ansi"
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com

bokum32301

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 01:47:27 PM »

For WindX we generally suggest setting TERM to "winterm" -- however native Linux applications will generally need this set to "ansi"
I have used other terminal emulators, which works fine because I can set the terminal to ansi, or scoansi.  The problem is I can’t print using the windows printers, only what is attached to the cantos box.

I want to use windx via ssh, but when the program runs, the keyboard and term are all off. I don’t know where to set the TERM value; that’s where I need help.

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

bokum32301

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 02:55:13 AM »

I have used other terminal emulators, which works fine because I can set the terminal to ansi, or scoansi.  The problem is I can’t print using the windows printers, only what is attached to the cantos box.

I want to use windx via ssh, but when the program runs, the keyboard and term are all off. I don’t know where to set the TERM value; that’s where I need help.

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

I got it figured out.

I set the TERM value to ansi in the .profile file.

Depending if you log in or ssh in, certain profile files are used or not used.