PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Error 65 clicking outside of a panel with shell com control  (Read 1410 times)

Bob Sosbee

• View Profile
Error 65 clicking outside of a panel with shell com control
« on: April 08, 2019, 04:49:20 PM »
I'm using a panel in which we use the Shell.Explorer.2 control.  On some systems, when they click outside of the panel, we get an error 65 in _winproc.SAD at line 340.  It isn't consistent.  Has anyone come across this behavior before?  If so, can you point me in the right direction to catch this?

My issue is that we cannot duplicate this on our test systems, but the customer can.  The line in _winproc.SAD is setting (or getting) the panel dimensions.  Is there a required Windows patch that may affect this?   ???

Edit:
Watching the customer, I noticed what they were doing.
The line that fails is 340 LET O'_proplist$="Top,Left,Width,Height" - I can consistently trigger the error by clicking on the bottom area of the dialog.

Found it:  If the dialog is resizable, it will consistently fail if you click on the lower section.  Turn off resizing, issue goes away.

Since others have this issue across multiple versions (ours is Sage, but previously it was mentioned in PxPlus 15.1).  Is there any cure for this?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:35:03 PM by Bob Sosbee »

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: Error 65 clicking outside of a panel with shell com control
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 09:41:37 AM »
Any change we have would be of no use to you.

The logic in the PxPlus version of Winproc.sad uses the PxPlus exclusive "Pseudo Multiple Properties" feature which does not exist in Sage's ProvideX.
Click here for more details

You will need to contact Sage for a correction.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com

Bob Sosbee

• View Profile
Re: Error 65 clicking outside of a panel with shell com control
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 01:43:01 PM »
Understood.  Mainly, I was curious why this would be an issue with just the bottom section of the resizable dialog would trigger this.  Since it was occurring in both packages I thought it might be in the windows controls that draw the dialog.

I'll report it to Sage.  If I'm lucky Fred McGuirk may take a look at it.  Otherwise I have a work around.

Thanks for the feedback.