Main Board > Registration and Setup

Moving PxPlus License key

<< < (2/2)

Mike King:
Because we allow clients a time-period where they may have both the old system and new system active, we have to monitor and control the moves to avoid clients from moving their licenses multiple times in order to have multiple machines active on the same license.

Also, it should be noted that the Move process is provided as a courtesy to "current" clients as the license agreement is for specific machine and does not provide for the movement of software between systems.

bjshallenberger:
Given the recent reply I would like confirmation to be sure….We are currently running pxplus 15 and are upgrading to new hardware of which has same OS. From reading the posts in this thread, it appears I can use current registered keys on the new hardware for 30 days before there is a conflict with our production platform.  This would be perfect to allow us to test the new hardware, complete user migration, and then retire the original (currently live) server.  Once we go live on the new server, we would decommission the old server.

Mike King:
To accomplish the move you need to contact our support department first and they will enable the move at our end so the multiple installs will not be flagged.

The actual time frame which you can have both systems active will vary based on when you start.  Our support department can provide details on the process.

bjshallenberger:
I’ll reach out to them today.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version