Main Board > Nomads

Dependencies Doubling with Embedded Panels?

(1/1)

James Zukowski:
We've got a panel with a TitleBar, an embedded panel, and several other controls. The TitleBar has 1 dependency, the embedded panel has 2, and there is one for one of the buttons on the panel. We had some timing issues with this, and I had previously had some duplicated entries, but those have been removed, so we're down to what I've listed.

I set up a trace file, and it looks like all of the dependencies for the TitleBar and embedded panel are processed twice for each cycle, while the panel button's dependency is only processed once.

Also, if the panel is set up as Resizable/Custom (the original plan), all of those dependencies seem to be re-doubled. It's as if the setup procedure is called multiple times and/or the counter is not reset to 0.

Is there something I should/not be doing?

(PxPlus v15 on Linux)

Jane Raymond:
James,
This issue was reported the end of September, but unfortunately it was too late to make it into the QA cycle for v20.10. I am attaching a zip file that contains a Word doc to explain the changes needed to overcome this issue. The original report of the issue was for v17; the doc explains changes for v17 and v20 as well.

Note: I have removed the Word doc and will add a new updated one.

James Zukowski:
Thanks, Jane, that did wonders...even for v15! It took our list from 34 entries to 10.

I'm noticing, though, that the TitleBar dependencies are being repeated at the end of the list, resulting in their being processed twice. This is different than the original sequence, where they were repeated twice at the beginning of the cycle. I think our list should only contain 8 entries.

Any thoughts?

Jane Raymond:
I am able to duplicate the issue with the title bars. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Jane Raymond:
James,
Since there is more to this issue than originally thought, I would appreciate it if you would report it to our helpdesk at:
https://helpdesk.pvxplus.com
That way we can track the issue and the changes, and get back to you more easily with updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version