PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Any examples of iNOMADS transactions running from Webster+ menu?  (Read 1179 times)

pwhirley

• View Profile
Any examples of iNOMADS transactions running from Webster+ menu?
« on: November 14, 2021, 09:04:52 PM »
I have an iNOMADS transaction which successfully runs an application.  If I start EXWeb on port 8888 I can run the program from my browser:  localhost:8888?txid=FEShipping

I have installed Webster+ using the default port 8088.  Webster+ seems to work fine, but I cannot figure out how to get it to run txid=FEShipping.  I tried just running it the same way I would with EZWeb and no Webster+ (I.E. localhost:8088?txid=FEShipping) but that only takes me to the Webster+ default screen.  I have tried all sorts of combinations using Program and URL in the Webster+ menu with no success.

Any examples would be very helpful, I think.

Thanks - Phil

Philip Whirley
Ride the Lowcountry, LLC
Philip Whirley
Freelance software developer
phil@whirley.org

pwhirley

• View Profile
Re: Any examples of iNOMADS transactions running from Webster+ menu?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 10:55:42 AM »
Solution:  Tino Vanholst confirmed for me that I must have two EZWeb instances running.  One will handle Webster+ and the other will handle the iNOMADS transactions.  I will start them both from task scheduler in background mode (-BKG) as the same user account, which will result in only one user seat being taken, hopefully.
Once both are running, I can add menu items in Webster+ to reference the URL for the iNOMADS transaction as:  http://localhost:8888?txid=mytransaction

I have tested this and it works beautifully.
Philip Whirley
Freelance software developer
phil@whirley.org