PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Updating controls on different panels  (Read 1437 times)

Asawas

• View Profile
Updating controls on different panels
« on: October 21, 2020, 11:56:18 AM »
Hello,

I have Panel1 that has a grid control, if you click on a row it will launch Panel2.
My question is, can I update the rows in Panel1 while changing the row data in Panel2.

Or, while in Panel2 can I update Panel1'Grid1'RowData.

Thank you

Jane Raymond

• Staff
  • Diamond Member
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Updating controls on different panels
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 01:29:33 PM »
I assume that what is currently happening is that you select a row, Panel2 gets launched and it has focus until you close it, then focus returns to Panel1 where you select another row and Panel2 gets launched again.

What you can do instead is use Concurrent panels, which means both panels and their controls are considered active, so changes to one can affect the other. You would not have to relaunch the second panel every time a different row is selected, but you would have to update its controls. You would have to figure out when/how you would want to initiate the concurrent panel, and be aware that the second panel could be closed at any time by the user.

Here's more info on concurrent panels:

https://manual.pvxplus.com/page/NOMADS%20Graphical%20Application/Program%20Interaction/Concurrent%20Panels/Overview.htm

Jane Raymond
Software Developer
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd.

Asawas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 02:29:24 PM »
Thank you for the quick response.

In stead of using concurrent panels, can I close (drop) the first panel via code in my program just before I process the second panel then when I close the second Panel I can relaunch the first one?

Jane Raymond

• Staff
  • Diamond Member
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 02:40:30 PM »
I suppose you could, but it sounded like you wanted to see both panels and update them based on changes to either. When you have concurrent panels, the controls are treated as if they're on the same panel.
Jane Raymond
Software Developer
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd.

Asawas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 02:43:40 PM »
What is the command to add to my program to drop the first Panel just before I PROCESS the second Panel?

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 11:34:12 PM »
Why drop the panel, you could just issue a PRINT 'Show'(-1) to hide the current window, bring up the new panel, then issue a PRINT 'SHOW'(3) to restore.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com