PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: File links (.pxplus and .windx)  (Read 1587 times)

Stéphane Devouard

• Diamond Member
  • PxPlus guru with skills in PHP, JS, C#, Java
    • View Profile
    • Stéphane's Web Resume
File links (.pxplus and .windx)
« on: December 12, 2020, 02:51:39 AM »
Hey, it's me again...

Testing the .pxplus and .windx links extension

I have installed the WindX Plugin 2019 (pxp1620-0000-WPI.exe) on a Win10 VM to its default directory "C:\PVX Plus Technologies\Windx Plugin 2019 Upd 2"
I checked the .windx extension settings, which were pointing to the above directory

I then installed the WindX Plugin 2020 32-bits (pxp1710-0000-WPI.exe) to its default directory "C:\PVX Plus Technologies\Windx Plugin 2020 Upd 1"
In the registry, the .windx extension settings are still pointing to the WindX 2019 directory

Did I miss something or is there an issue with the installer ?

TIA
Stéphane Devouard
Portfolio | Work

Ashfaq Abdullah

• View Profile
Re: File links (.pxplus and .windx)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 11:49:45 AM »
Hi Stéphane,

We tested this on Windows 10, and it seems to be working for us. We first installed WindX plugin 2019, and the registry showed the 2019 folder, and then we WindX plugin 2020, and the registry updated to the 2020 folder. We tested for 32 as well 64 bit versions for the WindX plugin 2020, and both are updating in the registry.

Maybe you can try to refresh the registry again and see if that reflects the changes.

Stéphane Devouard

• Diamond Member
  • PxPlus guru with skills in PHP, JS, C#, Java
    • View Profile
    • Stéphane's Web Resume
Re: File links (.pxplus and .windx)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 03:31:05 AM »
Hi Ashfaq,

A-hem...Looks like my VM registry was really messed up  :-[

I uninstalled each and every copy of the WindX plugin on the system, from the Uninstall option in the PVX Plus folder, and from the applications applet in the W10 settings. I also deleted any remaining folders.

I re-installed WindX 2019, checked the registry, then followed with WindX 2020, and the registry keys for the .windx extension were updated as expected.

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 03:33:35 AM by Stéphane Devouard »
Stéphane Devouard
Portfolio | Work