PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: *web/email Outbox  (Read 1714 times)

Mike Hatfield

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
*web/email Outbox
« on: September 17, 2018, 08:22:25 PM »
Hi,
I'm using Plus 14.10 Windows *web/email to send emails. I have set the erasit flag to 1 and am using the default *web/outbox location.
After sending an email Outbox is empty, Outbox/sent is empty but Outbox/new retains the sent emails.
The documentation says the email will remain until delivery status can be determined.
How does *web/email determine this.
The email server is mail.smtp2go.com
Thanks
Mike H

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: *web/email Outbox
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 11:12:09 AM »
All it does is after sending the end of message to the server it waits for a status response. If the status response is not an error and eraseit = 1 then it will delete the message.

I assume your call is not returning an error and errormesg$ does not contain an error message after the call.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

Mike Hatfield

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 06:44:02 PM »
The eraseit argument =1 and no error is generated. The email is delivered successfully by smtp2go.com.

Mike H

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:33:01 AM »
If you are not getting an error and the eraseit argument is 1 then it should delete the files from the Outbox/new directory.

It erases the file here when I do a test with PxPlus 2018. Maybe there is something off with how you are calling *web/email. Can you include your line of code that does the call. Make sure to redact the username password for your smtp2go account. Also include what the value of any variables are.

Can you also try to copy the *web/email and *web/smtp programs from PxPlus 2018 to make sure it is not an issue that was already fixed, or a issue caused by in in-place upgrade, or an issue caused by custom changes.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.