PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Keyed load failure  (Read 857 times)

jasonc

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Keyed load failure
« on: March 12, 2022, 06:08:38 PM »
I have a 4.5 GB enhanced VLR file that has a corrupt key structure (error 105).
When trying to repair it using the 'keyed load' directive, it fails with this message:  "Reception error...  Crc Recvd:0FEA...  Computed:F3D7".  screenshot attached.

I also tried using *UFAR, but the original file says it has 8.8 million records and the restructured file from *UFAR only has 2.4 million records.
This post indicates that *UFAR shouldn't be used on files over 2GB and that *fixvlr should be used instead:
     https://forum1.pvxplus.com/index.php?topic=124.new#new
However that utility doesn't exist on my version of PxPlus.

Can the *fixvlr utility be provided to me and if so, will it work on PxPlus 11.65?  Is there another way to fix this file?

RHEL 7.6
PxPlus 11.65

Thanks for any help you can provide.

jasonc

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Re: Keyed load failure
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 06:41:59 PM »
I may have a solution...  reading through the file with IND= to ignore the corrupt key tree.
Any other suggestions welcome as I'm not positive yet.

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 08:09:42 AM »
See the forum post here: https://forum1.pvxplus.com/index.php?topic=39.0

It gives a description of what keyed load does and what an error means. It also provides a link to the fixvlr program (actually fixvlr2 which is newer) and describes what it does.

Effectively you may have some lost data but fixvlr2 will get out what it can from the file.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 08:27:03 AM »
The CRC error is likely coming from WindX and is just a transmission error between the server and your workstation.

Try running the keyed load while directly connected to the server.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com

jasonc

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 10:58:51 AM »
Thank you Devon and Mike.

I was able to recover the file over the weekend, but tried your solutions anyway out of curiosity and to verify things as my method of reading through the file with IND= didn't appear to get all records.  The original file reported that there were 8828949 records, but I only recovered 8828387.  I wasn't sure if I lost 562 records or if the original record count was inaccurate due to the corrupt key tree.

Yes, the keyed load worked when run directly on the server as opposed to WindX.  It reloaded 8828387 keys, which was the same number of records I recovered while reading through the file with IND= (but keyed load did it in under 10 minutes with the file locked as opposed to the couple of hours my method took).

The fixvlr2 utility did report a bunch of "Bad key len" errors, but recovered the same 8828387 records and took 30-40 minutes.
I assume there were 562 records skipped due to "Bad key len".

I'm sure I lost 562 records now, but now know we recovered everything we could.
Thanks again for your help.