PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Maximum connections using Simple Host/Client  (Read 1849 times)

pmpenchoff

• View Profile
Maximum connections using Simple Host/Client
« on: March 05, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »
Dear list

We have Simple host running on a 2016 Windows Server and have simple client on the same server connection to the host. The number of PvxPlus licences is 26, but we are only able to connect 22 times from the same simple client and then we get following error message:
Connect Failure:
Unable to connect to host XXXXXXX;11000
Error #0 Record/filebusy
Last OS error:
The operation completed successfully.
We are connecting to the server with RDP and running the Client from the desktop.

Any or all suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike Penchoff
Food Decision Software

Dave Fullerton

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum connections using Simple Host/Client
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 05:14:39 PM »
Hi Mike:

Have you adjusted the Heap setting?  I found that I would get the same error after 18 users, but I have had Simple Client running 75+ users off of one server after adjusting the Heap.

Back on the old mailing list, Neal McKinney and JB Leep had a thread going with settings.  Here is what they adjusted:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\SubSystems - value Windows.  For 64 bit systems, I follow Neal's recommendation and set the values to be 20480.

Regards

Dave Fullerton

ChrisKCAi

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 05:19:55 PM »
Mike,

On the dear, departed mailing list there was a thread regarding Windows heap size limitations and I think that's probably what you're running into.
I no longer have access to that  thread but I have some notes that reference this MS support link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/126962
I'm not sure what (if anything) has changed on Win 2016 but on a Windows 2008/64-bit server we set SharedSection=1024,20480,20480 in the referenced registry key value to increase our user threshold.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 05:42:33 PM »
What is really sad   is that this information is on this forum in the Knowledge Base under FAQs.

You can find it doing a simple search on the word "Registry" in the forum (it shows up second), or you can use the direct link below:

https://forum1.pvxplus.com/index.php?topic=31.msg56#msg56

:'(

Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com