PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Nomads - Signature Capture and Touchscreen  (Read 1031 times)

Christian.lanctot@jonas

• View Profile
Nomads - Signature Capture and Touchscreen
« on: August 31, 2022, 12:26:58 PM »
I'm posting this here since the PvxPlus helpdesk is off-line and there's no more phone support.

The Nomads signature Capture control in the latest version of PvxPlus (V19) no longer works with Touchscreens. It works fine when drawing with a mouse, but not touchscreen.

To test you will need a computer with a touchscreen. Like a laptop with touchscreen or a Windows tablet. Create a Nomads panel, add a COM control, select signature capture. Then click "test" in Nomads and you will be able to draw with the mouse but not by touching the screen. Try the same test in PvxPlus version 17 and it works fine.

Please get back to me soon on a possible fix as we have a client waiting for this fix.

Thanks.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: Nomads - Signature Capture and Touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 03:01:46 PM »
We responded to your question on the helpdesk and have confirmed that the ticket and response are available at helpdesk.pvxplus.com.

As for phone support, during the current pandemic we have requested you use the helpdesk as our staff is working from home and they are not directly accessible via the phone.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com

Christian.lanctot@jonas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 03:08:04 PM »
Ah... I see what happened. it was trying to get to helpdesk1.pvxplus.com , that has been replaced by Helpdesk2.pvxplus.com. Trying to bookmark helpdesk.pvxplus.com resulted in helpdesk1.pvxplus.com from way back when.

I'll change my bookmarks to avoid this problem.

My apologies.

joe

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 12:28:03 PM »
Can you share your solution on here.
 I have been trying to get it to work myself with no luck. The closest I got was it worked with a mouse but with the stylus I got a target cursor when the stylus approached the screen.

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 01:34:18 PM »
The fix was on the PxPlus side and is included in the latest version 19.10 update.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

joe

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 03:58:41 PM »
How do I get the fix. Must I upgrade from version 18 to version 19.10 or can I update a few select programs.

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 08:03:39 AM »
The issue was in the embedded chromium browser component so unfortunately you can't just grab an updated lib program from the new version. You will need to use version 19.10 for the fix. This can be done though with a version 18 license. It will just run with new v19.10 features disabled which should be fine since you just want the bug fix.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.