PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Child Window Right-click errors  (Read 1342 times)

James Zukowski

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
Child Window Right-click errors
« on: April 29, 2020, 06:04:45 PM »
We have an Item inquiry panel with a thumbnail picture. When the user clicks on the picture, it opens a child dialog with a larger image and a Close button. If they change Items on the main window, the image changes in the child dialog, as well.

The problem arises when the user accidentally right-clicks on the child dialog. It will generate an Error#65 (see attached). Evidently, the CTL value generated is -1082 (RIGHT-MOUSE-CLICK-DOWN/drag), but *winproc isn't checking for that at all (that I can see), only -1083 (RIGHT-MOUSE-CLICK-UP). It doesn't recognize the mouse click for what it is, tries to resolve it into something it isn't, and fails miserably.

Has anyone run into something like this? Is there something I'm not setting properly? I've tried to create a popup menu to attach to the panel, but that doesn't work, either. (A popup on the main window works fine, even with the child active.)

Thanks, all!

Running PxPlus v13.10, WindX on Windows 10 via *nthost/*ntslave, on Linux RedHat 5
(Upgrading everything soon!)
James Zukowski
Sr. Developer - J&E

BRAND>SAFWAY
Brand Industrial Services

Jane Raymond

• Staff
  • Diamond Member
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Child Window Right-click errors
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 09:20:38 AM »
In version 14, line 47014 was changed to:

47014 LOCAL sv_ctl; IF ID>10000 AND MAX(ID'ctlname$,ERR=*NEXT)="LIST_VIEW" AND ID'AUTO=1 THEN LET sv_ctl=CTL; OBTAIN (0,SIZ=1,TIM=0,ERR=*NEXT)'ME',*,'MN'; PREINPUT CTL; IF CTL=ID THEN PREINPUT sv_ctl; GOTO NXT_INP ! fix order of popup/onChange ctls when right-clicking on a listview with 'auto=1

I believe using this line will solve your issue.
Jane Raymond
Software Developer
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd.

James Zukowski

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
Re: Child Window Right-click errors
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »
That did it! Thank you!
James Zukowski
Sr. Developer - J&E

BRAND>SAFWAY