PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: WindX issue with custom title bar forms over VPN  (Read 1424 times)

Jeff Wilder

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
WindX issue with custom title bar forms over VPN
« on: May 03, 2019, 11:43:49 AM »
Hello All,
I am experiencing an annoying behavior when attempting to move a dialogue form with a custom (or no) title bar over a slower client/server connection such as a VPN. The WindX application appears to respond slowly in recognizing the release of the mouse button. As a result, the dialogue continues to follow the mouse for a second or two. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a system parameter or network setting which may alleviate this behavior?

I can reproduce the behavior on Windows 7 and 10 for dialogues with no title bar and a custom title bar. It occurs on my forms as well as the various PxPlus forms with a custom title bar such as the IDE, GUI, and Nomads Library Object Selector. I am using PxPlus and WindX 15.10 over a CS Host connection. This behavior does not occur on standard forms with the default Windows title bar.

Here is a short video showing the behavior on Windows 10: https://youtu.be/3JYrjtke-gI

Best Regards,
Jeff

Jane Raymond

• Staff
  • Diamond Member
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: WindX issue with custom title bar forms over VPN
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 02:46:00 PM »
Jeff,
The likely cause of the behaviour you see is that the panels are using 'Full screen drag'.
If the custom title bar is defined with one of the Frame styles that has no caption, then there is no Windows caption bar, and therefore no way to move the panel around. Therefore the 'Full screen drag' option is turned on so the panel can be moved.
To avoid full screen drag, you must define the Frame style of the custom title bar panel as 'Thick border with caption' which will display the Windows caption bar which you can drag.
If you use the 'Default' frame style, the type is unknown so full screen drag is turned on even though the Windows caption bar may be displayed.
Jane Raymond
Software Developer
PVX Plus Technologies Ltd.

Jeff Wilder

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Re: WindX issue with custom title bar forms over VPN
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 02:56:26 PM »
Hello Jane,
Am I to understand this is the expected behavior for full screen drag over WindX? There is no way to correct this? It is very annoying to the end user and leads to problem. For example, if they release the mouse button and then move the mouse to the edge of the screen, the window may follow the cursor and disappear off the screen. Not good.

Thank you,
Jeff