PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Windx cannot find Server  (Read 1530 times)

Lawrence_Leavell

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Windx cannot find Server
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:30:03 AM »
I have a Windx operator on Windows 10, cable connected to the Linux server using two monitors. Occasionally, the Windx side stops "Unable to acquire license from server in time allowed." In an office with 30+ users, this is the ONLY operator and workstation to experience this issue. We have restrung the cable, changed switches and routers, can find nothing to correct this error.
Can anyone offer a suggestion how to fix this, where to look?

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Windx cannot find Server
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 08:54:27 AM »
I would check the Windows firewall on that machine.

I would also look into the antivirus/internet security software that machine is running.

I hope that helps.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: Windx cannot find Server
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »
How is the user connecting to the Linux server (Simple CS, SSH, Telnet, App Server, NtSlave)?

This error indicates the user started WindX but did not successfully run PxPlus within the first few minutes in order to obtain the license.  If they are using Telnet or SSH this can happen if once they connect they take their time starting PxPlus.  It can also happen also when using SSH or Telnet on very slow machines or connections if once the terminal type is set to ANSI. 

Generally for WindX you should set the terminal type to "winterm" however we do have logic in the Ansi terminal driver to try and detect if the workstation really is WindX.  This is done by sending a message to the terminal to which only WindX will respond.  If the expected response is not received then we assume the terminal is truly and ANSI terminal.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com