PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Was ODBC included in PxPlus Rev 8 Professional?  (Read 1751 times)

Ned L

• View Profile
Was ODBC included in PxPlus Rev 8 Professional?
« on: October 10, 2019, 02:51:54 PM »
Was support for ODBC included in Rev 8 Professional?

I have a client running PxPlus Rev 8 Professional on a Redhat Linux system
There don't seem to be any pvx OBDC drivers installed, perhaps because they didn't need them when the system was originally installed.
Now I'd like to be able to access their pxplus data files using SQL from windows.
Can this be done?  Or do I need to buy newer pxplus licensed for each Windows user that would want to run SQL?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ned Lee, AMS Software

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Was ODBC included in PxPlus Rev 8 Professional?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 04:51:16 PM »
The earliest version of the PxPlus ODBC driver requires PxPlus version 10 license or higher.

To use ODBC with earlier versions of PxPlus/ProvideX requires using the Sage ProvideX ODBC driver. I know the version 4.21 of that driver requires PxPlus/ProvideX version 9 license or higher. So you would have to use a version earlier then that but as to how the licensing works exactly I do not know. I would try maybe the 4.10 version and see if that works.

It is also possible that the older ODBC no longer works on newer Windows so you will just have to try it and see what works. If you have issues your only option would be to purchase a new license so you can use the newer versions of the ODBC driver.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

Ned L

• View Profile
Re: Was ODBC included in PxPlus Rev 8 Professional?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 10:30:23 AM »
Devon -
Thank you for your prompt reply!