Main Board > Registration and Setup

Version Discrepancy

(1/2) > >>

Sam Nehama:
Hello,

I am downloading and installing version 10.20 of Pxplus on Red Hat 7.5 (using the 64 bit link).  Every time I attempt to install the activation keys it is installing as version 11.  My preference is to make this version 10.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam

Devon Austen:
Hi Sam,

If the version you installed of PxPlus is 10.20 then activating it with a version 11 license is the same as if you activated it with a version 10 license. The software is designed so that you can use higher version licenses on older software and that will work the same as using the exact version of the license. If you were to use a version 9 license on version 10.20 of PxPlus it would activate but warn you that version 10 features will be disabled.

Sam Nehama:
Hi Devon,

The activation keys (AFAIK) are version 10, not version 11.  The customer is upgrading servers (from 32 to 64 bit) and we are using the same activation key.  On the old server ./pxpreg -v shows version 10, but the new server it shows version 11.  Why? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Sam

Devon Austen:
I suggest creating a HelpDesk ticket (https://helpdesk.pvxplus.com) where you can safely share your serial number with us and we can look into the serial for you.

My guess is it was a version 10 but got upgraded at some point after it was installed and registered on the old server. That being said this is not a problem as I mentioned the version 11 activation will work just the same as the version 10 activation on a version 10.20 of PxPlus.

Sam Nehama:
That is what my understanding of the activation keys should be, but it is not so.  We are running in a *plus\cs\client environment (old nthost/ntslave) and one would think that running the same version of Windx (which is 10.20) that it would run just fine.  This is not the case.  We can reach the opening menu of the software but when you try to run any program the menu disappears and does not return.  On occasion we will get a windows error indicated that pxplus is not running on the client.  Thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version