Main Board > Thin Client/WindX

Using INVOKE with Windx on remote RDP users

<< < (2/2)

MikeinFL:
They finally setup my RDP and I was able to test what's happening.  I don't know if I need to create a ticket, but I can work around the issue.

I'm using INVOKE to run freeware notepad prolix.exe and it's located in a directory path that has no spaces, which runs ok in both ProvideX and PxPlus.  Somehow an older version of my prolix device was running it from PxPlus working directly, which does have spaces in it's directory path:

C:\PVX Plus Technologies\PxPlus 2019 Upd 2\locals\prolix\prolix.exe

In testing I found that if an INVOKE directory path has spaces ProvideX 5 runs ok, but not PxPlus.   This line of code runs ok in ProvideX 5.0 but in PxPlus "cannot find" pops up. See attached snaps:

0020 INVOKE "[WDX]C:\BASIC PC SOLUTIONS\COMMON\Prolix\PROLIX.EXE"

The spaces are ok in Providex, but not in PxPlus?

The user had no problem because they are currently on ProvideX and I'm testing demo PxPlus and found prolix would not appear on their windx run desktop.  I can rewrite my prolix device code to point to a no-space directory path and PxPlus will run ok in [WDX], and appears on their desktop correctly.   At this point I think I'm ok.  Thanks.

Mike King:
As per Windows standards, put quotes around the EXE pathname as in

0020 INVOKE "[WDX]"+quo+"C:\BASIC PC SOLUTIONS\COMMON\Prolix\PROLIX.EXE"+quo

MikeinFL:
Mike, that's solves it, thanks! 

Also, I'm aware Providex is not supported and upgrading to PxPlus requires some code changes.  But it's worth it.  PxPlus is amazing. With many new features and capabilities.

I have an 18 user PxPlus user with many of them logging into remote desktop.  Initial setup log-in issues they had were caused by their cloud server, not PxPlus.  After they upgraded the server it's been running very smooth. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version