Main Board > Language

conversion failed?

(1/1)

Thomas Bock:
In the DD (PxPlus V14) I changed the record structure from

--- Code: ---IOLIST BIC$:[LEN(11)],BLZ$:[LEN(8)],BEZ$,BEZ_KURZ$,TYP:[LEN(1)],MARKER
--- End code ---
to

--- Code: ---IOLIST BIC$:[LEN(11)],BLZ$:[LEN(8)],BEZ$,BEZ_KURZ$,IMPORT_DAT,ANL_DAT,ANL_BEN$,AEND_DAT,AEND_BEN$,LOE_DAT,LOE_BEN$,LCKD

--- End code ---
After a click on "Update File" the new field IMPORT_DAT contained the old content from TYP and MARKER. Is this the designed behavior?

Jane Raymond:
When you change the iolist as you have, the Update File process starts by offering you three update options:

* Convert Existing data - This would rewrite your data based on the prior/new data dictionaries. You would lose the Typ and Marker fields, as well as their data
* Clear existing data - This would purge the data from the file
* Rewrite data dictionary only - This would rewrite the internal file dictionary, but not touch the data, so the old data would now align with the new fields.Based on your results, it looks like option 3 was selected.

Thomas Bock:
I selected option #1. And I can reproduce it.
That change also removes key #1. Perhaps this is the reason for the failed conversion.

Jane Raymond:
If you can reproduce it, it would be great if you could go to our Helpdesk system at:
https://helpdesk2.pvxplus.com/

Create a ticket and for the issue and supply a before and after version of the file (with a few records) so we can duplicate the issue here.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version