Main Board > Programming

How to send a POST request using *BROWSER

(1/2) > >>

cwellis67:
Is there a tutorial or other information that can explain how to send a POST request using *BROWSER instead of the old shell.explorer.2 COM object? Before, when we called the NAVIGATE2 method, we passed in the post data along with the URL, but it doesn't seem like the *BROWSER object is seeing it now.

Mike King:
Check out *plus/web/request at https://manual.pvxplus.com/PXPLUS/Web%20Services/Overview.htm#submitting

cwellis67:
So does that mean that while the old shell.explorer.2 COM object allowed us to send data to the web page (like user name and log in), the *BROWSER object can only display the web page and we have to send a web/request to communicate with it?

Mike King:
What are you actually trying to do?

*browser will allow you to display a web page from which the user could fill in controls and have the data POSTed to a server with the results being a new/updated web page.  There's a lot of other options here if you want to learn JavaScript and use things like AJAX.

You asked how to POST data, which is what *plus/web/request will allow you do.  Basically you create the data to be POSTed then using this routine you can forward the data to a URL and receive a response for processing.

cwellis67:
Hey Mike,
Thanks for responding. I am currently trying to replace our use of shell.explorer.2 with *browser, and in particular, the line of our code where we use this:

x'navigate2(post_url$,flags,frame$,*postobj,headerinfo$) ! Start navigation with passed url

In that line, the POST data is sent with the navigate2() method. With *browser, it doesn't seem we can send POST data with the navigate2 method, and I just wanted to confirm that, or find out what I am doing wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version