PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Error #200  (Read 1426 times)

Cees Trip

• View Profile
    • Company website
Error #200
« on: November 12, 2020, 03:15:09 AM »
Hello,

Who know's what a error 200 means. I'm getting this in a call to /usr/px125/lib/_tools/makeqrcode line 30. The programm is password encrypted so I can't debug it myself.

Regards,
Cees Trip.

- personal is not the same as important - Terry Pratchett

Devon Austen

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Don’t Panic
    • View Profile
    • PVX Plus Technologies
Re: Error #200
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:19:10 AM »
After you get the error print MSG(200) to see the details of the error.

The error comes from a call to "*plus\web\request" to a PxPlus web service that builds the QR Code.
Principal Software Engineer for PVX Plus Technologies LTD.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 10:01:03 AM »
Cess,

If the error was 200 then the problem was with connecting to the server.  You may get additional information if you look at MSG(200).
If the error was 201 then the problem occurred during the generation of the png file on our server.

Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com

Cees Trip

• View Profile
    • Company website
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 03:31:51 AM »
Thanks Devon and Mike,

Just had two new errors before reading your comments. These where simply solved by entering the RUN command. Next time I will look at MSG(200). When I setup a test then it works all the time. The problem is also that this function is only active for one of our customers. They want their Order number printed in a barcode on our packing slips. And due to space issues a qr code was the most efficient. I just hadn't room for a 2d barcode.
I will try to emulate the error again by setting up a test on the different machines in our Wharehouse. I will let you know what the output is from msg(200).     

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 08:23:42 AM »
Cees,

If you are running on a Linux system you can just call the OS command qrencode to create the QRcode.  This avoids the need for an internet connection (which may the cause of your issue) and likely will run faster.

Here is a link to some documentation on the Linux command:

https://linux.die.net/man/1/qrencode
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com

Cees Trip

• View Profile
    • Company website
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 04:46:28 AM »
Hello Mike,

Thanks. I will look into it. I'm running on a Linux system.

Err 200 is indeed "Cannot contact host server". I talked about setting up a test. Yesterday, Nov.19th, this wasn't necessary. From my location, Zwolle the Netherlands, I couldn't connect to pvxplus.com (forum, manual etc.). So 6 workstations in our Wharehouse in error. Talking about a test setup. This for me another warning not to use external services wich can not be bridged when falling in error. The error took place in /usr/px125/lib/_plus/web/request  on line 86 "OPEN (HFN,ERR=NO_HOST,TIM=15........etc".

Cees.