Main Board > Webster Plus

Can Webster+ menu launch iNOMADS programs

(1/1)

pwhirley:
I've got several programs that a customer has been running via iNOMADS for a while from a fairly ugly start page using some convoluted security.  While duplicating the system to a new customer, I started looking at Webster+ to be the front end and controller, giving better flexibility and built-in security.  The project is on a short timeline so I do not have the option of rewriting all the programs to work with REST.  I saw that Webster+ can use the TX=### so I thought, perhaps, that I can mix in iNOMADS with the new Webster programs while we, potentially, re-write what is necessary.  Is this possible?

Thanks - Phil

Philip Whirley
Ride the Lowcountry, LLC

Mike King:
Yes -- you can launch iNomads and in fact ANY URL can be included in a menu or side bar link.

One of our goals was that clients will start to use Webster+ to integrate with their iNomads application and longer term start moving portions of their application to Webster itself thus creating true web-based applications.

pwhirley:
Thanks Mike.  That is what I had hoped to be able to do.  REST will work much better in the long run, but it's not trivial for some of our stuff.  I will carry on with my new plans.

pwhirley:
Hey Mike, when I create a Webster+ menu option and try to use URL to run an iNOMADS transaction, I am unable to do it.  If I have Webster+ installed to use port 8088, I am completely unable to run iNOMADS transaction on that instance of EZWeb.  I would expect to be able to do:  http://localhost:8088?txid=FEShipping, but that does not work.  It simply takes me to the Webster+ default page.  I can run that transaction if I use an EZWeb instance not tied to Webster+.   What is the secret for using an iNOMADS transaction from Webster+?  Do I have to have two separate EZWeb instances running?

pwhirley:
I believe that this question is answered.  Tino Vanholst has confirmed that I cannot use the Webster+ EZWeb instance to run iNOMADS transactions, but I can run a second EZWeb instance to process the iNOMADS.  If I start them both in background mode from the task scheduler using the same user account, they will apparently not take up two users.  This will suffice for my purposes. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version