Main Board > Web Services

Publishing a PDF through PXPlus web engine

(1/2) > >>

pwhirley:
I need to create a label of a specific size, format, font, etc and present it to be printed on the website.  The PVXPlus web engine will be running on one server and the website is on another server.  The website host will not have access to the folders for the application. The only access is through the web engine.

I'm using the *PDF* special file to create the PDF, but I do not know how to get the web server to publish that back to the website.  I'm sure it's simple.

Thanks - Phil

Mike King:
How is the website forwarding the request to the PxPlus web server?  If its by a standard web request you likely could have the PxPlus web server application respond with the contents of the web file and set the content type to "application/pdf".  Basically open/read the resultant PDF file as a binary file and write it to %PRINT_FN.

Assuming the webs site forwards the response that it receives along with its headers the PDF should get displayed.

Mike King:
Another thought, if the web server is Apache you might be able to use ProxyPass (and possibly ProxyPassReverse) to have the web simply re-route the specific request to your backend PVX Plus web server. 

This could be used to forward to whole request and return the result or to forward a request for the resultant PDF file and simply leave the PDF files on the PxPlus server.

There is something similar available for IIS if needed.

pwhirley:
Thanks Mike,
I think that the application/pdf might well work.  I'm not sure why I didn't think of that.  It should work fine with the IIS front end, I believe.

I appreciate the quick response.  I hope you're enjoying retirement as much as I am.  :-)

Phil

Philip Whirley
phil@whirley.org

Mike King:
Let me know if you have any issue with setting the content type.  It should work.

As for me, while we have left PVX Plus Technologies, I am enjoying semi-retirement.  Doing some ad-hoc consulting in order to keep active and busy.

Anyway, if you need help feel free to contact me and we will see what we can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version