PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Newbie in Nomads Development  (Read 1597 times)

Skip.Dahl

• View Profile
Newbie in Nomads Development
« on: November 03, 2021, 08:29:50 PM »
I have the latest version of PxPlus running in Linux. I was hoping to start the learning
curve of Nomads with maybe a simple inventory part look up for those in the shop.
As mentioned I am a Newbie so I have started reading the PxPlus documentation and it explains,
but was hoping to find more maybe here on the forum video library or Youtube as visual helps.
Is there possibly something I have missed here or out on the internet that gives more of an outline
from start to finish on the design of a simple panel and implementing with the apps database?
Any help or links would be appreciated.... Thx,

Stéphane Devouard

• Diamond Member
  • PxPlus guru with skills in PHP, JS, C#, Java
    • View Profile
    • Stéphane's Web Resume
Re: Newbie in Nomads Development
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 08:57:12 AM »
Skip

You can watch a few short Flash-based tutorials on this page :
https://home.pvxplus.com/pgsrvr.pvp?pg=docs

Regards
Stéphane Devouard
Portfolio | Work

Skip.Dahl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 09:30:13 AM »
Thanks.    Is there any classes that are available for learning Nomads?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 10:33:18 AM by Skip.Dahl »

Stéphane Devouard

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
    • Stéphane's Web Resume
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 12:20:12 PM »
Skip

I know at one point (in the 2000s, when ProvideX swung between the Sage and Best Software brands) there were classes to learn the language, an intro to Nomads and an Advanced Nomads course, as well as some OOP introduction.
I even found some old Sage & Best training / tutorials Word docs in my archives
An awful lot of things have changed since, but they would probably be still relevant for the most part

However I guess these docs (or up-to-date versions of them) are only available if you purchase some kind of training class with the experts

You need to check with your distributor if they offer this type of service, and if not, ask the PxPlus folks.

Regards
Stéphane Devouard
Portfolio | Work

Skip.Dahl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 05:06:02 PM »
I am venturing from the Basis/BBj world to possibly moving my accounts I have to PxPlus.  I have for now migrated one of my accounts to PxPlus ver18.  So... I guess I am the distributor... LOL   I have emailed sales asking that same question but no answer as of yet (maybe wrong ones to be emailing that question too?) even asked if possibly they had/provide a list of developers in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex that I could get in touch with that I could ask them for some paid training but nothing on that either.  For I am forging on thru what documentation I have.... Thx

Stéphane Devouard

• Diamond Member
    • View Profile
    • Stéphane's Web Resume
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 03:36:55 AM »
Skip

Would I have been still working as freelance, I would have offered to share my knowledge of the Nomads & iNomads environment, which I have been working with since the end of the 90s up to now. However I have a full-time job working as Support/Developer which does not leave me extra time.

The Flash videos I have pointed you to will give the basic barebones of creating Nomads forms.

There is also a series of videos on Youtube where Mike is creating a small app from scratch in less than 30 minutes :
https://www.youtube.com/user/pvxplus

Regards
Stéphane Devouard
Portfolio | Work

Skip.Dahl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 03:09:21 PM »
Thanks for the help giving... Appreciate it !!