Main Board > Language

ESCape key trapping

(1/1)

James Zukowski:
We're starting to get new people using our application, and instead of using the F-keys we display, they'll use then ESCape key. Normally, we wouldn't expect any problems, but it seems that PxPlus maps then ESCape key to ctl=4 (F4 key) by default. Is this correct? Or was there a change a while back? Or am I missing a parameter setting?

I've changed 'my' keyboard configuration to have ESC return $1B$ and it works as expected.

BTW, the example program for 'Format 3' on the SETESC page does not work exactly as described in the table.

Devon Austen:
Hi James,

That ESC maps to CTL 4 the same a F4 is not a mistake. It has not changed as far as I am aware.

I tested the example program for format 3 and I got the results described in the documentation which were the expected results. Did you manually do the setesc on and off before the two runs?

James Zukowski:
Yes, I did. It was more the Ctl-C and Ctl-Break that I saw different than the table results.

Devon Austen:
Make sure you do it in order i.e. you have to do enter first. then Esc, then ctrl-c, and finally ctrl-break. If you do it in a different order or don't do them all you won't get the same result.

James Zukowski:
Done as prescribed, my results:

--- Code: ----;setesc on
-;run
 1 2 3CAT
Try to break out:
 4 5 6DOG
Try to break out:
 7 8 9PIG
Try to break out: That was easy.
-;
-;
-;setesc off
-;run
 1 2 3CAT
Try to break out:
 4 5 6DOG
Try to break out:
 7 8 9PIG
Try to break out: Try to break out: Try to break out: Try to break out: Try to b
reak out:

--- End code ---

This is using the standard keyboard definition, unmodified.

Running v15.1 on Linux through WindX with Win 10 client.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version