PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Openssl 3.0.2, Ubuntu22: Could not locate entry point 'SSL_get_peer_certificate'  (Read 714 times)

martinp

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm going from obsolete to latest greatest :) 

root@art-orion:/lib# openssl version
OpenSSL 3.0.2 15 Mar 2022 (Library: OpenSSL 3.0.2 15 Mar 2022)

I linked :

/lib/libssl.so -> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ibssl.so.3
/lib/libcrypto.so -> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.3

I am getting this error opening a secure channel:

-}OPEN (1) "[tcp]www.pvxplus.com;443;secure"

Error #99: Feature not supported
Last IO to [tcp]www.pvxplus.com;443;secure, channel 1

Could not locate entry point 'SSL_get_peer_certificate' in libssl library.
Likely an incompatible SSL Interface. (err/ret=0/0)

I see 3.0.2 is supported is that windows only?  Or do I just need to wait for pvxplus built for ubuntu 22?  Thank for your time.

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
We currently don't have a specific port of PxPlus for Ubuntu 22.  Its possible the version for Ubuntu 20 might work but Ubuntu 22 was only released in April 2022 when we were in the middle of final QA and release of PxPlus 2022 V19.

It generally takes a few months from the release of a new OS version before we can even look at providing a version of PxPlus for it.

We presently anticipate PxPlus 2023 (v20) will have a Ubuntu 22 release.

See https://home.pvxplus.com/pgsrvr.pvp?pg=os_ports for details about OS ports.  If you have an urgent need for Ubuntu 22 and the Ubuntu 20 version is not compatible, we could consider providing a port of V19.10 for a fee.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com

martinp

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Mike, no real urgency, I was just upgrading and I figure why not go to Ubuntu's latest.  I can wait for 2023 I suppose.  I just wasn't sure if it was something I was doing wrong because the document said pvxplus supported 3.0.2 SSL.

martinp

• Silver Member
    • View Profile
Looks like I was able to simply download openssl, compile it and just point the libraries to it and it seems to be working, let me do some more tests.  Thanks!

set PXP_CRYPTO_LIB=....
set PXP_SSL_LIB=...

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Yes, that should work fine. 

The issue you ran into is that Ubuntu 22 ships with OpenSSL 3 which is fairly new and only recently started being the standard version on Linux systems. 

OpenSSL 3 appears to have changed the name of the SSL_get_peer_certificate routine to SSL_get1_peer_certificate.  There are a number of other changes in OpenSSL which make programs compiled for OpenSSL 1.1 incompatible.

And before you ask, there never was an OpenSSL 2.0 generally available.  :)
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com