PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: Overiding or Modifying LOAD/SAVE Behavior  (Read 1082 times)

James Crowther

• View Profile
Overiding or Modifying LOAD/SAVE Behavior
« on: April 04, 2019, 11:35:10 AM »
Is it possible to override or add to the functionality of LOAD/SAVE?  Due to integration with GIT and other versioning tools I would like to add functionality both before and after the normal behavior.

As an example I would like to ensure they are working within a branch before they load a program.  Once the load occurs I would like to execute some functionality to add the program to current branch if it is not already in it.

As a note I am not currently using the TortoiseSVN integration.

Thanks,
James
Master Electronics

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
Re: Overiding or Modifying LOAD/SAVE Behavior
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 01:56:03 PM »
Technically if you programmers are using the LOAD and SAVE directives from command mode you can change the  syntax tables such that the actual commands are different (i.e Change LOAD to XLOAD and SAVE to XSAVE).

Once you have done this you can add you own LOAD and SAVE command processors to the *cmd directory.

If however they are using one of the editors this won't work and you would need to modify the editor program itself to do the checks.

Generally we here simply use the Tortoise SVN logic which creates and maintains source text versions of the programs, Nomads panels,  and data files (if enabled) then you can independently commit these to the repository.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com