PxPlus User Forum

Twitter Twitter Twitter

Author Topic: html character translation from forum to outlook  (Read 1566 times)

Mike Hatfield

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
html character translation from forum to outlook
« on: August 15, 2018, 02:40:18 PM »
Some characters do not (don't) translate correct in the email digest to Outlook 2016
EG Apostophe in the abbreviated will not (won't) displays as won't
How can I fix this?

Thanks
Mike H

PxPlus

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
    • View Profile
Re: html character translation from forum to outlook
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 03:42:40 PM »
By digest do you mean the daily/weekly email digests as per your setting on your board profile or the RSS feed?

If the RSS feed, I have checked the contents of the feed and it is correct and displays properly on OUtlook 2010, FireFox and Thunderbird.  If this is what you are referring to the issue is likely with Outlook 2016. This may be the problem you are having -- mind you there doesn't appear to be a solution:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-msoffice_custom-mso_2016/rss-feed-html-not-rendering-in-outlook-2016-64bit/d28cfe14-4b84-496f-a563-d973393225e9

Mike Hatfield

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 10:25:48 PM »
Yes, The digest email. I am using 32 bit Outlook. I have seen the article you referenced but as you said it is intended for 64 bit. 

I added a screen shot of the digest email in my outlook 2016.
Mike H

Mike King

• Diamond Member
  • Mike King
    • View Profile
    • BBSysco Consulting
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:38:46 PM »
Mike, the problem is with Outlook so it would have to be fixed by Microsoft.  What we send is correct and works on other versions of Outlook and other products.

BTW If you look at the last entry on the link I sent it indicates the same happens with the 32bit version.
Mike King
President - BBSysco Consulting
eMail: mike.king@bbsysco.com